Saturday 25 May 2013

Washi tape stand!

What's washi tape? It is like a masking tape but has funky patterns on it. Various widths and colours. It can be used to stick bits on to your scrapbook pages or use it as decorative elements. The latest product from Stampin' Up! (r) is "This and That" Bundle which has a journal, stickers, washi tape, DSP and the best ever stamp! Check it out! if you would like to buy a bundle, you only have until Friday 31st May to buy it. 

This is my washi tape stand that I have just whipped up using a few bits n pieces on my craft table.
I have used the DSP and stickers from the "This and That" bundle I received from Stampin'Up! last week. The washi tape is a part of this cute bundle. I expect to have more soon!! 
Want to know how to make it?
Follow the simple steps below.......

What You Need:
  • Empty ribbon spool with middle plastic pieces removed. You will use these but you need to pull them apart first. 
  • The solid roll from an empty wrap box.
  • DSP 
  • Spare cardboard (not shown)
  • Multipurpose adhesive sheet (page 177 Annual Catalogue)
  • washi tape ---of course!
How to put together:

1. Place half of a plastic spool piece into top card spool before gluing the two pieces together.
 2. Stick the two pieces of card together from the spool using Liquid glue, sandwiching the plastic inner piece between them.
3. Adhere DSP to a piece of multipurpose adhesive sheet, cut out the centre so that it will slip over the plastic spool. (I traced around the spool piece with a pencil and cut it out with snips.)
4. Adhere the DSP to the card spools slipping over the top of the plastic inner spool.
5. To give the base some extra strength, cut a circle from some stiffer cardboard (eg: Specialty DSP packaging). Stick this to the base of the card spool once you have cut and tucked the DSP edges around the card spool.


6. Use adhesive sheet to stick a piece of DSP (cut to measure for the cylindar roll) to this cylindar. Carefully remove the backing paper and roll the cylindar along the DSP.  Done!


7. Attach some dimensionals and depending on how good a fit the cylindar is over the plastic spool piece, you may need a double layer. I also added double sided tape (sticky strip) to the top of the plastic spool. 


8. You can use the stand as is but I wanted some extra stability so I weighted the inside with florist marbles! 



9. I sanded the cardboard base and inked the edges.
and then I tried my washi tape "on"!  Yep! They fit. Brill!


Finally, I just had to break open my pack of "This and That" stickers......
I used wooden kitchen sticks to wrap my stickers around and label my stand. 


I hope you have fun making yours! It took me about 40 minutes. 
Has anyone else made something similar yet? 
Cheers,
Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a happy comment. Smile as you do so!